Newmontis is a synergistic hybrid of a full-service investment sales brokerage and a principal investment and development group.
Our experience as principal investors (in multifamily, student housing, build-to-rent, creative office and retail) allows us to provide reliable and insightful analysis on potential investments, based on real-world experience. We act like partners, not salesmen. We can also offer a full-service experience, coordinating every aspect of a transaction from deal sourcing, to contract negotiation, due-diligence, escrow management and closing. After closing, we can continue to provide that same level of support for our clients as owner's representatives, if requested. Our team is salaried and collaborative, like an investment bank, rather than commission-focused independent contractors like other agencies. When you work with Newmontis, you work with the entire company.
This partnership with an investment sales team provides our development and investment affiliate with unparalleled deal access and a broad understanding of market trends. Rather than simply depending on local broker relationships (which we have many), we proactively source opportunity inhouse, frequently off-market. This provides us and our investors with a curated selection of investments, based on our specific criteria.
Important to note: There is no conflict between our principal investment group and our brokerage clients. As principals we exclusively purchase development sites - we are focused on developing much-needed new rental housing supply in major markets. We do not purchase existing assets or value-add projects.
Trevor Nelson, President
- Nearly 20 years of CRE experience as principal investor, developer, investment sales broker and asset manager with over $1 Billion of closings. Founded, and later sold, a commercial asset management firm with over 100 properties and $500mm AUM.
- UC Berkeley, Haas School of Business, MS, Finance & Accounting
- Winner, Los Angeles Business Journal "Deal of the Year" Award ($321mm off-market, Los Angeles)
Javorn Farrell, Vice-President
- Experienced value-add principal investor and former professional basketball player.
- UMass Amherst, BA Sociology
- Grad Program: University of Texas
- Active youth mentor and coach
Reid Yankowski, Senior Associate
- Former Hong-Kong based research analyst for multifamily real estate investment firm
- Second Lieutenant, US Marines Corp
- UC Berkeley, BA Political Economics
- Fluent in Mandarin
Jack Wang, Investment Associate
- Experience as investment manager for a private family office and analyst at Jiyu.
- Indiana University, Bloomington
- Certified Commercial Real Estate Financial Modeling Expert (REFM 2022)
- Fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese
Harris Rosenblum, Development Associate
- Policy and Programs Associate for Los Angeles Business Council and Asset Manager for City of Los Angeles, extensive experience in city planning and entitlement
- AmeriCorps Carpentry Specialist, volunteer homebuilding
- USC, Dual Master's of Urban Planning and Public Health
- Tulane University, BA Sociology
Maribel Sanchez, Director of Transactions
- Extensive prior experience with commercial real estate development-focused private family office
- Property management, asset management and bookkeeper experience
- UC Irvine, Paul Merage School of Business
- Fluent in Spanish
Jessica Nelson, Chief Operating Officer
- Responsible for all corporate operations
- Prior experience coordinating complex production schedules and logistics as producer at Warner Brothers
- USC, BA Communications
Mazher Khan, Analyst
- Provides support on transactions and financial analysis
WHAT WE DO
We are a comprehensive, full-service, real estate services and solutions firm.
We provide sophisticated and attentive real estate advisory services to a select group of clientele and sponsor investment and development projects. We offer the following services:
Commercial Real Estate:
1031 Exchange Acquisitions Advisory
Property Marketing For Sale (Specific Asset Classes)
Owners & Users:
INVESTMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
Multifamily and "Build-to-Rent" development sponsor/general partner
Opportunistic acquisitions and deal sourcing across multiple asset classes